Smart. Strong. Balanced.
Train Smart: I’m always asking “Why are we doing this exercise?” and if it doesn’t make your daily life better or if it doesn’t make sense, then we Don’t Do It! Simple as that.
Be Strong: My goal is to help uncover the strength you didn’t know you had. By going back to the basics and correcting poor movement patterns, your body begins to move more efficiently. When you move better, you’re able to use your body better and “magically” you’re stronger!
Live Balanced: Balance in Life is encouraged here. Juggling work, play, time with family, exercise, and healthy eating can be a challenge. I’m here to help simplify things and help you find the formula that works for your life.
About Owner, Valerie Hedlund:
- CSCS – Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- RKCII – Russian Kettlebell Challenge Certification, Level 2
- FMS – Functional Movement Screen Certified
- CPR & First Aid
- Monthly Fitness Column Contributor to StepMom Magazine
- Iron Maiden – August 2011
- RKC Level 1 Assistant – San Diego – August 2011
- RKC Level 1 Assistant – Minnesota – April 2011
- CA State Deadlift Champion 2010
- Varsity Track & Cross Country at Wake Forest University 1998-2002
- National Meet Qualifier – Indoor Track & Field – 2000
- All-ACC – Track & Field – Wake Forest University – 1999